Pencil Carving Art is the practice of carving wooden and graphite sculptures out of pencil writing utensils. It has been the favourite pastime of many people over the course of history. Each carving is unique in their skills and tools. The true defining element is the materials you use and the concept you're able to execute.
- Lettering in pencil head.
- The first step to carving
pencil lead yourself begins with assembling these tools.
- Establish an image of your
carving in your head before you make your first cut.
- That way you'll have a sense of
direction as you carve.
- Break down the top layer of
wood to gain access to the lead beneath. Depending on what shape you are
carving into the lead, you will want to make either broad or small cuts.
- Just keep in mind that the
graphite is much softer than surrounding wood.
- Become familiar with how the
graphite response to your cuts. Experiment with shapes and once you are
comfortable with the medium, challenge yourself to create
- It’s a great opportunity for
- Creating a pencil design
encourages critical thinking skills.
- Scooping out the inside
of the pencil is a fun, sensory experience.
- Carving develops fine
- Displaying the pencil makes
yourself feel valued
MVB KCTBS LH4
Feb. 4, 2019 ,1 Day